As ABC News reports, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has confirmed that the House GOP will no longer attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act. When asked about the future of the health care reform law, Boehner said “the election changes that” and “Obamacare is the law of the land.”
See? He's a reasonable guy. All you have to do to convince John Boehner that a law is a law is:
1. Pass the law in Congress.
2. Make sure the president signs the law.
3. Stand by as a bunch of governors contest the law
4. Fight the law all the way to the Supreme Court.
5. Watch as the Supreme Court declares the law to be constitutional.
6. Run a presidential candidate who promises, impossibly, to repeal the law on day one.
7. Lose a disastrous election that refutes the presidential candidate and his entire party.
See? Seven simple steps!