Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Do You Want to Humiliate Yourself on National TV?

Posted by on Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Someone who works for America's Got Talent contacted me to let me know that the television show America's Got Talent is hosting Seattle auditions at the Convention Center on November 29th. If you've ever wanted to humiliate yourself in front of as large a group of people as is humanly possible, you should probably show up for this. And who knows—while you're waiting in line, you might meet someone else whose parents didn't give them enough attention, and you might fall into a dysfunctional version of love that will surely end in a terrible, and very public, divorce!

To everyone else who doesn't want to be humiliated on national television, I urge you to keep away from the Convention Center on November 29th, unless you get off on cruelly laughing at people who are so needy that they will seek out any attention—even the most negative kind of attention—at any opportunity. It should be a real shit show.

Free Lunch 1
Dear Stranger: Please assign Paul to cover this event.
Posted by Free Lunch on November 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM · Report this
There are actually quite a few very talented people on that show.

But I imagine sitting through the rest of them would be painful.
Posted by bigyaz on November 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 3
I've already humiliated myself enough, thankyouverymuch.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on November 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 4
I ♥ Paul

Please cover this.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on November 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
Remember, Cosplay is a Talent.

Yes to Paul covering this.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
So says the writer...
Posted by scratchmaster joe on November 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 7
I want to go just to watch dreams get crushed. It's a great way to celebrate the start of the holiday season. It's right up there with the upcoming deaths by trampling that happen on Black Friday.
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on November 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM · Report this