Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Friday, November 23, 2012

Dumb Ways to Die

Posted by on Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM

This is the best PSA for not being a dipshit that I have ever seen:

Although I'd add "being trampled by aggressive herds of shoppers on Black Friday" to the list. Thanks, Australia! I'll be humming this all day.

Pope Peabrain 1
That is a riot! The song and video are both the most entertaining things I've heard and seen in a while. Thanks!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on November 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM · Report this
It's fantastic! Remind me not to stick a fork in the toaster!
Posted by pat L on November 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM · Report this
I wish they'd make a "Dumb Ways to Live" version too.
Posted by sniggle snuggle on November 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 4
Pretty clever if not a tad depressing.
Posted by Bauhaus I on November 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM · Report this
care bear 5
It's awfully twee.
Posted by care bear on November 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM · Report this
heywhatsit!? 6
I will play this on banjo.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on November 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM · Report this
Chefgirl 7
This dumb way to die has just stuck with me for years...heard about it in college. A bunch of kids broke into a parade's staging area and one of them lay down while another drove a FLOAT over him...to DEATH. They may only go 2 miles per hour but floats are heavy! Death by float. Oi.
Posted by Chefgirl on November 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM · Report this
Did drugs make it on the list?
Posted by turkey on November 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM · Report this
chromie 9
So cute <3
Posted by chromie http://www.facebook.com/kildabunny on November 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 10
Too politically correct.

The original version had bicycling and motorcycling with no helmet, but both of those have influential lobbies of loudmouth idiots who made it not worth the trouble. At the end of the day, they just said "Let the cyclists die when they fall of and conk their heads if that's what they want so bad."

It's weird how there are no "I want to eat spoiled pie" activists, but there's no end to the supply of certain kinds of fools defending their right to die stupidly.

Let's not even get started on why there's no mention of guns. Other than shifting the blame for hunting deaths to people who "dress like a moose" (like that happens a lot) rather than idiot hunters.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on November 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this
dude fuck you
Posted by seriously what is wrong with your head on November 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM · Report this
AnnaCakes 12
My dad has rattlesnakes as "pets." I should send this to him. Not that it would help. He's determined to make his house look like that creepy house in serial killer movies.
Posted by AnnaCakes http://www.suzannehawsphoto.com/ on November 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this