Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drunks

Monday, December 17, 2012

Re: "Stand on the right side of history."

Posted by on Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM

That pro-marriage-equality editorial in the Chicago Sun-Times that I linked to early this morning? My brother just sent me a picture of the editorial in the paper's print edition. For the record: I posted about that editorial before I saw the photo the editors of the Sun-Times chose to run with the piece.

Awww, that's so cute!
Posted by ThetaSigma on December 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM · Report this
seatackled 2
That photo has been featured on Talking Points Memo, too. Just scroll down to the bottom of the main page right now. Look at this, too.

Dan, you're going to be famous!

Posted by seatackled on December 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM · Report this
Congratulations!

I'd missed you were first in line.
Posted by Sili on December 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this
Joe M 4
It was nice that you wore a jacket and tie on your wedding day-- no need for embarrassment. Congratulations!
Posted by Joe M on December 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM · Report this
rob! 5
The proximity of the rose to that purty mouth is somehow ...affecting.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM · Report this
Washington, Maryland and Maine have given the country a big momentum push in the right direction. Hopefully other states will jump on the bandwagon, and add their names to the list. Illinois, New Jersey and Minnesota are all good candidates for being the next in line to approve Marriage Equality. If SCOTUS does its job right, California will also re-legalize marriage equality too.

We had the most beautiful marriage ceremony at church on Saturday. The lovely ladies had been together 38 years, and when they said their vows, there was not a dry eye in the church. It was incredebly moving.
Posted by SeattleKim on December 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM · Report this
For the record, he does NOT look shaggy!
Posted by LML on December 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
SO great.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
pfffter 9
YAY! I was scared to click on it and thought it might be the infamous goat cover photo. ;)
Posted by pfffter on December 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM · Report this
Corylea 10
Congratulations on your legal marriage!

Posted by Corylea http://corylea.com/ on December 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Knat 11
D'aaawwwww... :3
Posted by Knat on December 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM · Report this
Jaymz 12
Thank you for accepting the difficult role of being held up as an example - we're all pulling for both of you. Congratulations.
Posted by Jaymz on December 17, 2012 at 3:36 PM · Report this
Awwwwwww...
Posted by drcme on December 17, 2012 at 4:17 PM · Report this
Dude, I am just so totally happy for you and for all the rest of the beautiful couples who got (and are still getting) married. You all ROCK!
Posted by PaulBarwick on December 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM · Report this
That's so sweet, at so many levels.
Posted by Alice Dreger http://www.alicedreger.com on December 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 16
Apparently, Chicago is as proud of its boy as we are in Seattle.
Posted by Bauhaus I on December 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM · Report this
Congratulations, Dan and Terry! Aww, that is so sweet. I'd have thought you'd be in a t-shirt, hahahhaha! Your mom would be proud, I'm sure. All the best.
Posted by happyhedonist on December 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM · Report this