Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Uses of Pit Bulls

Posted by on Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Sometimes they foil an attempted mugging.

A 52-year-old woman told officers she was walking her boyfriend’s pit bull about 6 p.m. Tuesday on the beach near 76th Avenue North when a man armed with a knife approached her and demanded her cell phone and anything else she had with her, police said.

Sometimes they eat your heroin stash.

A man who allegedly “completely disembowled” his pet pit bull because the dog swallowed a bag of heroin has been charged with animal cruelty, according to police.

Sometimes they bite your head.

An Oshkosh woman needed stitches after a dog bit her in the head Monday afternoon.

The 18-year-old woman had been in a verbal argument with another person at her residence in the 1500 block of Hazel Street, but had gone upstairs about 2:35 p.m. A 3-year-old pit bull then ran upstairs and attacked the woman. The dog bit the woman in the head, causing two lacerations that required stitches

dangerousgift 1
If only that Oshkosh woman was carrying a pit bull herself then maybe that senseless head biting tragedy could have been avoided.
Posted by dangerousgift on December 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM · Report this

Newport Full Flavor

Where I live EVERYONE smokes thes. I smoked em for a couple months cuz I had bronchitis and couldnt handle my usual marb reds anymore, and the newps were pretty decent they were my number 2 brand until I discovered marb smooths

Newport...when you have bronchitis.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on December 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM · Report this
All teachers should be allowed to bring pit bulls to school. Not only will they protect the children from attack but they will control drug use as well.
Posted by dbgill56 on December 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM · Report this
Even an eight year old child could come up with a more plausible story than this:

"The woman said the man wore dark clothing and a ski mask covered his face as he pointed the knife at her throat, according to the report. The woman said the pit bull became aggressive and bit at the suspect."
Posted by WenWino on December 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM · Report this
Karlheinz Arschbomber 5
@4: that's standard MO for aggressive assault/murder:

Posted by Karlheinz Arschbomber http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arschbombe on December 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM · Report this
@5

Italians have brought many great things to this world, but common sense is not one of them.
Posted by WenWino on December 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM · Report this
Hmmm, that first one is actually a positive story about a Pit Bull. Probably should remove it.
Posted by UNPAID COMMENTER on December 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM · Report this
merry 8
I should not have clicked on that middle link....

Posted by merry on December 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM · Report this
@3 for the win.
Posted by pussnboots on December 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM · Report this
#6

Racist.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on December 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM · Report this
If only the play field at Sandy Brook elementary doubled as a pit bull exercise ground, those kids would still be alive. At least, not dead from the shooter.
Posted by TJ on December 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM · Report this
julie russell 12
you forgot a few:
Companion
Snuggler
Mountain bike buddy
Sleeping bag warmer
Tear Licker Upper

The last one is how our dog, Simon won me over. In general, I wasn't a fan of the breed and was kinda pissed when my hubby chose her at the shelter (BC her sad eyes spoke to him). I had always considered pit bulls a sort of white trash mascot and didn't want one in my home. Simon had been with us a day or two and I was still convinced she might "snap" and eat my other dog, Kona the Labrador.
After an argument w/ my hubby (probably about Simon), I was crying in our back room. Simon came in, wiggled, climbed on me and licked the tears from my face.
Posted by julie russell http:// on December 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM · Report this