Slog

Slog Music

Music, Nightlife,
and Drinks

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Our Fucking Elitist President

Posted by on Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

The NRA is right: Barack Obama is a total fucking elitist. The fact that his kids get armed guards wherever they go while he opposes armed guards in schools for all the rest of us little, non-presidential people is just the tip of the iceberg.

*He lives in the White House. I live in a beige apartment. ELITIST!

*When he goes to Canada, a prime minister shakes his hand. But when I go, no handshake for me. ELITIST!

*If he hates a new piece of legislation, he can veto it. But I cannot. ELITIST!

*He gets to fuck Michelle Obama all the time and I get to get fuck her never! ELITIST!

Now you try!

You don't get to shake the Canadian prime ministers hand when you go to Canada? Are you sure? He's a very polite guy.
Posted by GermanSausage on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM · Report this
He get's a Harvard Alum magazine because he's an actual alum, I have to swipe it from my neighbors trash! ELITIST!

He get's to have access to nuclear weapons launch codes while I can't even remember my ATM PIN or even get my dog to launch out the back door with out throwing bacon first. ELITIST!

He has Beyonce's and Jay-Z private cell number where as I have to buzz the entrance to their brownstone and run away. ELITIST!

Posted by tkc on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM · Report this
--MC 3
He got to meet the surviving members of Led Zeppelin and got his picture taken with them at some Kennedy Center thing or other! I got to meet a guy who said he'd been in Redd Kross at a plasma center in Sacrameno! ELITIST!
Posted by --MC on January 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM · Report this
Matt from Denver 4
He gets to stay with people when he visits Hawaii. I have to rent a cabin or hotel room. ELITIST!
Posted by Matt from Denver on January 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM · Report this
As usual, your comments are idiotic, misinformed and ignorant. The NRA ad is not talking about Secret Service protection. They specifically address the 11 (and soon to be 12) "armed guards" that Sidwell Friends School employs above and beyond the Obama kids' secret service detail. Armed guards that existed long before Obama even enrolled his kids in the rich, elitist, PRIVATE school. (How come rich Democrats always send their kids to private schools instead of the public schools their policies have destroyed? #ohwait)
Posted by RealityCalling2013 on January 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM · Report this
Asparagus! 6
I'm pretty sure I want nothing to do with Stephen Harper's hand.

Unless he's going to give me a hand job; I'd let Stephen Harper give me a hand job.
Posted by Asparagus! on January 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM · Report this
treacle 7
I fucking hate american politics. So goddamn juvenile.
Posted by treacle on January 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM · Report this
blip 8
When he wants Moons Over My Hammy and a chocolate shake at 3am he just calls down to his kitchen. I have to put on my robe and slippers and drive to Denny's. Yup, elitist.
Posted by blip on January 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM · Report this
Thanks #5! I now have much greater appreciation for the subtle nuance of the NRA's message. Perhaps they should have had a flashing sign in the commercial saying "No, we don't mean Secret Service, we mean the EXTRA protection they provide for their kids." Protection from the crazy people with guns who may want to harm these kids because, well, and gee, their Dad is president. E-fucking-lee-test!
Posted by Sterno on January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM · Report this
@5, they're complaining about rich people and their private schools? Really? And they're defending rich people paying no taxes because...?
Posted by GermanSausage on January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM · Report this
Big Matt G 11
Air Force One and Marine Corps One. 'Nuff said.
Posted by Big Matt G on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM · Report this
Big Matt G 12
Also, I can't remember the last time I was ever asked to produce a nominee to replace an outgoing Secretary of State...
Posted by Big Matt G on January 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM · Report this
wisepunk 13
So David, you're saying that pussy is probably so good it could turn a gay man straight?
Posted by wisepunk on January 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM · Report this
@1: Handshaking is something Stephen Harper reserves for his children.
Posted by Gloria on January 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM · Report this
He can go on national television and mock John Boehner for being orange but when I do it, Anderson Cooper is all "Who the fuck are you?" ELITIST!

He can pardon a turkey. The best I can do is baptize a slice of ham. ELITIST!

He can order troops out of Iraq. I can order takeout from the Chinese. ELITIST!
Posted by beckysharp52 on January 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 16
He get's to be president of the U.S.A. I'm only president of my deluded little masturbatory world. ELITIST!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM · Report this

The ugly truth is that the NRA and its gun nuts have increased the likelihood of mass shootings occurring. At schools. At malls. Everywhere. Because the NRA sells fear. And hate. And guns. In that order. Their bloody fingerprints can be found at every mass hooting in this country. That the NRA would use the president's children in an ad campaign says all you need to know about their ethics and values. They DO NOT CARE about children safety, or any one's safety for that matter. They care about money, the financial support given to them by the gun industry. Every mass shooting is a bonanza for these clowns. And while they put on a very serious and very sad face for the public after each horrific shooting spree, they know they can use it to sell more fear. More hate. More guns. It is good for their bottom line. If you want to see evil manifest, look no further than the NRA.
Posted by screed on January 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM · Report this
Gurldoggie 18
Hi gets his photo on the cover of Time Magazine. My subscription was cancelled for lack of payment. ELITIST!

He has professional editors proofreading his teleprompter. I get poor spellcheck suggestions on my smartphone. ELITIST!

He hangs medals on Bob Dylan's chest. I steal his records from bit torrent. ELITIST!

He has brilliant ideas that people debate in the halls of power. I have crazy notions that get called "trolling" on the interwebs. ELITIST!
Posted by Gurldoggie http://gurldogg.blogspot.com on January 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 19
George Carlin never once gave me so much as a shout out, but Wayne LaPIerre got a whole bit. And got called a dickless lunatic and a sissy. ELITIST!
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 20
David, I for one would shake your hand if you came to Canada...so...you've got that going for you.

Sorry, it'll probably be sticky with "maple syrup"... Not sure why that's in quotations. But it is. So...ya...

Posted by ArtBasketSara on January 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM · Report this
stinky 21
He speaks, and eloquent Ivy League words drop from his lips. Only grunts and hate speech spew from my piehole. ELITIST!!!
Posted by stinky on January 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM · Report this
Sandiai 22

He gets a Nobel Prize for basically nothing.* Nobody has ever given me a prize for doing nothing (except for that clock I won as a door prize once at that thing that one time).

ELITIST!

@17 "#5 What the NRA and its bloody apologists/enablers fail to acknowledge or are incapable of realizing is that there is a world of difference in the threat level between the president and his family and pretty much everyone else. There are wackos out there that conspire to *specifically* hurt him and his family. The same cannot be said for the rest of us. If our children become gun victims at a school, it was because of bad luck, a random event. They were not specifically targeted because of their parents' position in society."

Well-put.

@5, this is not obvious to you?

* I really don't believe this. His election inspired people around the world.
Posted by Sandiai on January 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM · Report this
OirishOiyesAreSmilin 23
#17 and #22
Fuck YOU, you pieces of shit.
Explain why the lives of the kids of our CHoomer in Chief are any less deserving of protection than mine.
FUCK YOU!
"What's that honey? Our kids got shot to death in their gun-free zone school? Hey! At least they weren't targeted specifically because of who they were. It was just BAD LUCK.
FUCK YOU!!