I just invested my entire savings in a little known company, thanks to a surefire stock tip I just got from the Attorney General's Office. I mean, Attorney General Bob Ferguson recommended it himself—how could this possible go wrong?
Today, the Attorney General’s Office learned people are receiving e-mails that appear to be from the AGO Webmaster or other “@atg.wa.gov” e-mail addresses with the following subject lines:
• New Pick Coming! But First I need your help, details inside
• Pick Of The Week
• This Stock is another monster week ahead
• DON’T MISS TODAY’S TRADING IDEA
• Your Mind Blowing Monster Pick!
• News Out & Must Read Inside.
Let us assure you. These are spoofs. Scammers know how to make a message appear to be from one e-mail when it’s really from someone completely different.
There goes my retirement.