- Denis and Yulia Pogostins/Shutterstock
- We might need a bigger shovel.
I can't stop thinking about Bukowski's words:
it’s not the large things that
send a man to the
madhouse. death he’s ready for, or
murder, incest, robbery, fire, flood…
no, it’s the continuing series of small tragedies
that send a man to the
But I will not stand for this anymore! I will dig myself out of this rut starting now! But I can’t do it alone. Obviously. I’m worthless right now. So I’m trying to fill by brain with some feel good anthems that can play out as the positive soundtrack for the challenge ahead. Here’s what’s working so far:
1. “Ha Ha Ha” by the Julie Ruin
2. “Cruz” by Blue Scholars
3. “Sounds Like a Pretty Brutal Murder” by Iron Chic
4. “25 Miles” by Edwin Starr
5. “Resilient Bastard” by RVIVR
If you, too, need a boost, I reached out to others to see what songs they like to listen to at moments like these and compiled a bunch of their responses into this Spotify playlist. Enjoy! And feel better soon. You’re awesome.