Seattle has a slew of new restaurants set to open in 2015. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect in the coming months.
Coming Soon (May/June)
• Pike Place Market's beloved Piroshky Piroshky is opening a new location in the Columbia Tower (and they're celebrating by holding a Free Piroshky Day in the new spot from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26).
• In Columbia City, Salted Sea, a seafood and raw bar on the ground floor of a new building where Angie's Tavern used to be.
• Ethan Stowell's two newest restaurants, Frēlard Pizza Company and the Goldfinch Tavern in the Four Seasons Hotel downtown, are slated to open their doors in mid-June.
• Naka, a Japanese kaiseki restaurant from chef Shota Nakajimi in the old Le Zince space on Capitol Hill, is shooting for a June opening.
• Guild Partners, (owners of Lost Lake Cafe, Comet Tavern, Grim’s and two-thirds of Big Mario’s Pizza) will also open an as-yet-unnamed Italian restaurant in the old Kingfish Cafe space, scheduled for "early June."
Coming Soonish (July/August/September)
• Tom Douglas's latest, the Carlile Room, located just across the street from the Paramount Theatre, will open July 1.
• Mollusk, a new restaurant from the folk behind Sodo's Gastropod, is coming to South Lake Union mid- to late summer.
• Brothers Khalid and Aziz Agour will bring Itto's, a Moroccan fusion tapas-style restaurant, to the West Seattle Junction by July 1.
• Two new restaurants from Renee Erickson, one focused on seafood, the other on beef, will open on Capitol Hill.
Coming This Fall
• Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar, the first mainland restaurant from Hawaiian chef D.K. Kodama, in the Premiere, a 40-story apartment tower at 9th Avenue and Pine.
• Big Mario's Pizza will expand to lower Queen Anne.
• Josh Henderson plans to open two locations of his new Great State Burger concept in Ravenna and South Lake Union.
• Rainier Beach's Nate's Wings and Waffles will open their second location in south Capitol Hill/Central District sometime this fall.
• And finally, Ms. Helen Coleman will return to the Central District with Ms. Helen's Soul Food Bistro in October.
Have I missed any? Probably. Feel free to let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org