The police in Fort Worth have changed their story about what happened to Chad Gibson, the 26-year-old man who suffered a brain injury during the raid on the Rainbow Lounge. Today the police claimed that Gibson groped an officer during the raid, was arrested, and then fell and hit his head when he left the bar. The police assert that Gibson—who was handcuffed and being escorted to a police car by at least one officer—was so intoxicated that he was unsteady on his feet and that he was vomiting when he fell. But on Sunday the police were telling a very different story about Gibson's arrest:

The investigators then went to the Rainbow Lounge, where seven arrests were made, the police statement said. While walking through the Rainbow Lounge, an "extremely intoxicated patron made sexually explicit movements toward the police supervisor," the statement said. This individual was arrested for public intoxication.

Another intoxicated individual also made sexually explicit movements toward another officer, and he was arrested for public intoxication, the statement said. A third individual inside the lounge assaulted a TABC agent by grabbing the agent's groin, according to the statement. [Gibson] was escorted outside and arrested for public intoxication. He was released to paramedics because of his extreme intoxication as he was repeatedly vomiting, police reported.

While dealing with this suspect, another officer requested assistance from inside the club with an intoxicated patron who was resisting arrest. This person was placed on the ground to control and apprehend him, police reported.

No mention of a fall. The only time the first police reports have this "person"—Gibson—on the ground was when he was "placed on the ground" by the officers who apprehended him. And Gibson's behavior after his arrest—unsteady on his feet, vomiting—are consistent with a head injury. And two other witnesses to Gibson's arrest dispute the FWPD account:

Club Manager Randy Norman said Gibson didn’t seem drunk and was walking from the men’s room, holding a bottle of water, when an officer pushed him against a wall and then pushed him to the ground. Some patrons said they heard Gibson ask the officer a question, but that he didn’t fight back. At least three officers were involved in handcuffing him.

“The first question I heard was, ‘How much have you had to drink?’” said Shane Wells, a dancer at the club. Gibson “said, ‘I don’t have to answer that question’ and they grabbed him and ran him against that little wall.’”

Box Turtle Bulletin points out that Gibson's behavior after his arrest—unsteady, vomiting, disoriented—are consistent with many of the symptoms typically displayed by someone who has just suffered a traumatic head injury.

The Fort Worth Police Department is lying.