Here Are the People Helping Mayor Durkan Select a New Police Chief

Comments

1
This is great. True leaders don't need to have an echo chamber singing from the same, highly-regulated songsheet - they are confident enough to bring voices of dissent to the table, and open-minded enough to listen to them. I hope we get a great chief through this process.
2
Close to 60% weighted to law & order nimbys. The other 40% will protest loudly but will be sidelined. Durkan can pat herself on the back for being inclusive.
3
We'll judge the process by the final product. Hopefully it will go better than the "waste everyone's time and then don't pick the most obviously qualified candidate" shtick the City Council put us through after their game of musical chairs following the browbeaten Murray's resignation.