• Money for President Trump's long-promised border wall with Mexico was not included in the new federal budget just passed by the Republican-controlled Senate. Will anyone notice? Will Trump notice? I mean, he did recently tweet this:
When will Republican leadership learn that they are being played like a fiddle by the Democrats on Border Security and Building the Wall? Without Borders, we don’t have a country. With Open Borders, which the Democrats want, we have nothing but crime! Finish the Wall!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 15, 2018
• But Trump's also kinda busy right now feeling "so badly" for what his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, "a great gentleman," is "going through."
• Trump's legal team is growing as he faces multiple federal investigations, the New York Times reports, but there's a problem: The new lawyers don't know what investigators have already been told by Trumpworld people and "it is not clear if Mr. Trump has given his lawyers a full account of some key events in which he has been involved as president or during his decades running the Trump Organization."
• Is Trump a fascist? A Yale professor's new book, How Fascism Works, argues that Trump sure looks and sounds and acts like one.
• Is Trump a president who's a good model for leadership in turbulent times? Not according to Doris Kearns Goodwin's new book, Leadership in Turbulent Times, which instead looks to Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Lyndon Johnson.
• And will Trump succeed in his attempt to declassify more FBI records related to the Russia investigation? The new attempt is part of Trump's "systematic campaign of harassment and disruption directed at legitimate law enforcement activity being conducted on behalf of the American people," according to the Washington Post, and "will likely blow up in Trump’s face in spectacular fashion."