Earlier this week Stranger reader nseattlite asked Questionland for some help to find the perfect burger in Seattle, the burger worthy of eating when cheating on a diet.
nseattlite said: "I'm trying to eat healthy and have been doing really well so far, but I am DYING to have my next splurge meal be a fantastic burger. I've had a bite of two burgers that were insanely disappointing. If I'm going to cheat, I want something amazing."
The ideal burger came with a few extra requirements:
My ideal: a thick, rare beef burger smothered in sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions and topped with blue cheese.
1) if the joint has phenomenal fries—I mean if you're gonna splurge, why not go all out?
2) those fries are sweet potato fries!!!
3) locally-focused ingredients (WA Beef, local cheese, etc.)
4) the joint is in North Seattle
5) WA microbrews are on tap
- They will not cook any burger past medium.
- They have sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions and bleu cheese
- Basically you can tell them how to build your burger.
- They have phenomenal SWEET POTATO FRIES which you should have. Also, have them put the cinnamon salt on them.
- WA beef, for sure. Not sure about the cheese.
- Located on 73rd and 15th in the Northern part of seattle.
- I dont remember, but I dont believe they have beer. However, you should try one of their phenomenal real ice-cream shakes. Then go get a beer somewhere else while you system goes into calorie overload and you drift in and out of consciousness.
nseattlite went, cheated on the diet, and agreed the food was awesome, so Collin got a mushroom as thanks! And now, due in part to Collin's great answer, they both get a $25 gift certificate to Pagliacci Pizza because Collin's answer has been chosen as this week's Answer of the Week!
I know you won't be able to get a great burger with this prize, nseattlite, but pizza is would be another great way to cheat on your diet, right? Right! Although, they also have a few salads on the menu, should you want to stick to your diet plan.
Congrats to both of you!
Have a question? Ask Questionland! You just might win a pizza.