- Cheese! Glorious Cheese!
Show your stomach and mouth some love by checking out this weekend’s events:
• Café Nordo, Thurs-Sat 7 pm (Fremont): Join Chef Nordo Lefeszcki for An Epic Adventure in Seafood. What he's doing there may or may not be dinner theater, but it’s only happening until June 19th.
• Seattle Beer Week, May 13-23 (various locations): So it begins. All across the bar-lands, people are celebrating this ancient brew with endless pints and pitchers.
• New Belgian Fundraiser for Rat City Roller Girls, Thursday 5:30-7:30 pm (SoDo): Enjoy the day in Full Throttle Bottles's backyard for a beer and BBQ fundraising event. Your $10 entrance fee gets you a free glass, four beer tastings, and raffle tickets.
• Pre-Seattle Cheese Festival Dinner, Thursday 6-9 pm (Downtown): Placate your Seattle Cheese Festival urges with Pike Brewing Company’s five-course dinner paired with beer, wine, and yes, cheese!
• 2010 Seattle Cheese Festival, Saturday 10 am-5 pm, Sunday 10 am-4 pm (Downtown): BILLIONS OF FREE SAMPLES OF CHEESE, GLORIOUS CHEESE! Plus seminars, chef demos, a wine and beer garden, and other cheese stuff.
• Ignite the Night, Friday 6 pm (SoDo): The Ignition Series brews are Pyramid Breweries' offering to the Seattle Beer Week gods. Come on down for the inaugural tasting.
• Donny Vomit Meet and Greet, Friday 6:15-7 pm (SoDo): Watch Donny Vomit as he performs his famous feat of hammering nails into his nose. Afterwards, he will sign a bottle of your very own Coney Island's Human Blockhead beer.
• Kulture Freaks, Saturday 10 pm (Fremont): Donny Vomit (sword-swallowing, nail-into-nose-pounding freak extraordinaire) hosts a free night of freak-show oddities with burlesque, live music by Bakelite78, and 13 beers from Shmaltz's HE'BREW and Coney Island Brewing companies.
• Aerial Brunch: Breakfast at the Circus, Sunday 10 am-1 pm (SoDo): Try out getting high on the flying trapeze. If that idea makes you want to barf, enjoy free coffee, pastries, and live music while you marvel down below.
More info on all this madness plus more, more, MORE Chow events for your stomach's future planning are over here!