- A photo of a guy named Mike wearing a King's Hardware t-shirt in the Alps. An Alp sounds nice right about now.
It is HOT, making right now cocktail o’clock. Some recommended places to drink outside from the Bar Exam archives:
• Eastlake Bar & Grill on Eastlake (sometimes with bikers)
• Loretta’s in South Park (with an Airstream)
• Ivar’s Salmon House on Lake Union (don't miss the whalemakers inside the lounge on your way through)
• The Pink Door in the Market (a classic, get there very early)
• Six Seven at the Edgewater (may cause seasickness)
• Victory Lounge kind of in South Lake Union (with a nice view of balls)
• King’s Hardware in Ballard (with Skee-ball inside!)
• The Red Door in Fremont (DUUUUUUDE!)
• The Terrace Garden on the fifth floor of the downtown Red Lion (just totally weird)
Some other good ones: Hunter Gatherer Lodge on Capitol Hill (formerly the War Room, great rooftop deck), Ballard Loft in Ballard (sports!), Slim's Last Chance in Georgetown (good chili, which is an excellent hot-day food), Highline on Capitol Hill (watch people trudge by on Broadway below), Volterra in Ballard (super-yummy Italian in a lovely courtyard).
And here's a complete list of places in Seattle with outdoor seating (in some cases, just a few sidewalk tables, so call before you go).
Stay cool, friends.
Thanks to heroic Chow intern Matthew Bathan for help with hot, hot links!