Five teens friends were found dead in a South Florida motel room victim of carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities believe a running car parked in a closed garage below them was the culprit.

The group was found by a maid who called 911 on Monday after seeing people unconscious through a window. Police reported to the Presidente Motel and evacuated the entire motel so they could investigate.

Reportedly the five friends rented the room so they could celebrate a friend, Juchen Martial’s 19th birthday but seemingly left the car running for fear it wouldn’t have started later. Friends of the victims say the vehicle, a red Kia Optima needed a jump and the car was left running to maintain the charge.