Some Sarah Palin fans are so upset at the direction the country's headed they're planning "Just Stop!', a nationwide protest in which protesters would pull their cars over the side of the nation's highways. Take it away, Stand Up America
Sarah Palin called the Obama Administration’s actions as the “Road to Ruin”! Like most of the USA now, we at Stand Up America think it is a great way to express yourself and learn what is really happening to our country, so what can we do? Well, it seems the normal methods do not work because of entrenched political machinery, moneyed interests, power seeking for power’s sake, and a media that is just plan in the tank....So how do we make our voices known? How do we finally succeed? How do we send a clear message that cannot be twisted by the media, misinterpreted by politicians, or co-opted by Obama apologists? Well, we have come up with one interesting new way. Are you game? It won’t cost you any money short of a gallon of gas. It won’t take much of your time, only about an hour. It won’t mean travel to distant cities. It won’t mean crowds to wade through, and it won’t interfere with your life too much. Here is what is planned...
· Sunday, March 13th, 2011 — 4 PM Eastern, 3 PM Central, 2 PM Mountain, and 1 PM Pacific time;
· We want everyone to get into their cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, Semis, box trucks, and any other vehicle, and drive to your nearest highway or main route;
· Don’t go far, just enough to get in a safe position to pull over to the shoulder, and park, engine running, headlights and flashers on;
· Hook up a boat trailer, a snow mobile hauler, or anything to make the line look miles and miles long, bring your tractor-trailer;
· Get your car club involved to show off those great hot rods and collectibles;
· Imagine others driving by wondering “what the heck”? Wave to everyone;
· Stay one hour if you can, get your friends to do the same, line up all your vehicles in a safe manner as far off the side as you can, and hit your horns.
· One hour gives the media a chance to react, a chance to get footage. Imagine the traffic reports!
· Hang a sign inside your back window, or use temporary soap to write a message safely on the window;
· Be a part of millions of people saying: “Stop the madness, we are pulling over and just stopping!”
Imagine the image, when every news outlet in the USA must take notice.
Imagine the evening news and cable stations saying, “What the heck is going on?”
Do the math. If a car is 17 feet long, and 10 feet is maintained between each vehicle, it takes only 195 cars to stretch one mile. Imagine 500 tractor trailers pulling over for one hour! That’s over seven miles!
This is a brilliant idea for every reason imaginable. Thanks for the heads-up, Wonkette.