MATCH GAME 2000
Match the syrupy holiday special on the left with the arch nemesis who would ruin Xmas for our protagonist on the right!
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Winter Warlock
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Professor Hinkle
A Charlie Brown Christmas Abominable Snowman
The Year Without a Santa Claus Ben Haramed
Frosty the Snowman Cindy Lou Who
The Little Drummer Boy "Commercialism"
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town The Miser Bros.
Holy Mary, Mother of Multiple Choice Quizzes!
1. The Grinch can best be described as:
(b) Lacking in the spirit deemed appropriate for the holidays.
(c) A triple-decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce.
2. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, according to Lucy, Christmas is "a commercial racket run by...
(a) "...a big Eastern syndicate."
(b) "...ad agencies."
(c) "...Met Life."
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the names considered by the children for Frosty the Snowman?
4. "I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun. I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister Hundred and One." Okay, so who am I?
(a) Mr. Curling Iron.
(b) A motorcycle exhaust pipe.
(c) A tanning-salon ad.
(d) The Heat Miser.
5. In Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, what's the name of the toy-hatin' mayor of Sombertown?
(a) Burgermeister Burgermeister.
(b) Burgerburger Meistermeister.
(c) Meisterburger Burgermeister.
(d) Burgermeister Meisterburger.
6. In the creepy Rankin/Bass wooden-puppet Xmas specials, who has NOT been a narrator?
(a) Boris Karloff.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Shirley Booth.
7. In which holiday special is Santa a real asshole?
(a) The Year Without a Santa Claus.
(b) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
(c) Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town.
(d) Frosty the Snowman.
8. In The Year Without a Santa Claus, Jangle Bells the Elf shows concern for Santa by saying,
(a) "What about your gout?"
(b) "Maybe it's a tapeworm."
(c) "You don't scare children... you LOVE children!"
(d) "You look so tense... here, lie down and let me rub those tired muscles."