We're all in need of a little self-care, especially during difficult times like these. Patients come to me all the time saying, "I read on Facebook I should practice self-care, but I don't know what that is!" That is a valid feeling. I'm here to help. Here's what you do:
1. Run a hot bath.
2. Put essential oils with a calming effect (valerian, lavender, and bergamot are nice) in the bathwater and light some candles.
3. Pour yourself a glass of wine or a nonalcoholic spritzer. If there's a man in your house, make him pour it for you.
4. Then kick him out.
5. Now, as soon as the door is closed and you're alone, settle into your bath.
6. Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out. Your in-breaths are the matriarchy healing your soul. Your out-breaths are the patriarchy leaving your body. Innnn and ouutttttt. Keep doing this.
7. While continuing to breathe, grab your waterproof vibrator (and/or use your own hand) and rub your clit until, in one great burst, you're just so happy you can't believe it.
8. Get out of the bathtub and vote.