Seattle has a slew of new restaurants set to open in 2015. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect in the coming months.
Coming Soon (May/June)
• Pike Place Market's beloved Piroshky Piroshky is opening a new location in the Columbia Tower (and they're celebrating by holding a Free Piroshky Day in the new spot from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26).
• In Madrona, Vendemmia, from chef Brian Clevenger (Staple & Fancy Mercantile, Tavolata).
• In Columbia City, Salted Sea, a seafood and raw bar on the ground floor of a new building where Angie's Tavern used to be.
• Bounty Kitchen, serving veggie-driven salads and grain bowls, will open June 10 in the former Grub space on Queen Anne, according to Eater.
• Ethan Stowell's two newest restaurants, Frēlard Pizza Company and the Goldfinch Tavern in the Four Seasons Hotel downtown, are slated to open their doors in mid-June.
• Naka, a Japanese kaiseki restaurant from chef Shota Nakajimi in the old Le Zince space on Capitol Hill, is shooting for a June opening.
• Guild Partners, (owners of Lost Lake Cafe, Comet Tavern, Grim’s and two-thirds of Big Mario’s Pizza) will also open an as-yet-unnamed Italian restaurant in the old Kingfish Cafe space, scheduled for "early June."
• Niche, an entirely gluten-free bakery and cafe, from Toby Matasar (Eats Market Cafe) should open by the end of June, according to CHS.
Coming Soonish (July/August/September)
• Tom Douglas's latest, the Carlile Room, located just across the street from the Paramount Theatre, will open July 1.
• Mollusk, a new restaurant from the folk behind Sodo's Gastropod, is coming to South Lake Union mid- to late summer.
• Brothers Khalid and Aziz Agour will bring Itto's, a Moroccan fusion tapas-style restaurant, to the West Seattle Junction by July 1.
• Two new restaurants from Renee Erickson, one focused on seafood, the other on beef, will open on Capitol Hill.
• And soon joining the newly opened U:Don in Capitol Hill's 12th Avenue Arts Building: second locations of Rachel's Ginger Beer and Pel'Meni Dumpling Tzar.
• And Marcus Lalario (95 Slide, Li'l Woody's) tells CHS that Fat's Fried Chicken and Waffles will open in the old Catfish Corner location on MLK Jr. Way and Cherry "later this summer."
Coming This Fall
• Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar, the first mainland restaurant from Hawaiian chef D.K. Kodama, in the Premiere, a 40-story apartment tower at 9th Avenue and Pine.
• Dino's Tomato Pie on Capitol Hill, from Brandon Pettit (Delancey, Essex).
• Big Mario's Pizza will expand to lower Queen Anne.
• Josh Henderson plans to open two locations of his new Great State Burger concept in Ravenna and South Lake Union.
• Rainier Beach's Nate's Wings and Waffles will open their second location in south Capitol Hill/Central District sometime this fall.
• And finally, Ms. Helen Coleman will return to the Central District with Ms. Helen's Soul Food Bistro in October.
Have I missed any? Probably. Feel free to let me know: email@example.com